Friday, September 19, 2014

BOOK REVIEW : BECOMING CALDER by MIA SHERIDAN


BLURB

There is a place in modern day America with no electricity, no plumbing, and no modern conveniences. In this place, there is no room for dreams, no space for self-expression, and no tolerance for ambition.

In this place, there is a boy with the body of a God and the heart of a warrior. He is strong and faithful and serves his family honorably. But he dares to dream of more.

In this place, there is a girl with the face of an angel and a heart full of courage. To her family, she is the vision of obedient perfection. But she dares to want that which she has been told can never be hers.

Becoming Calder is the story of good versus evil, fear versus bravery, and the truth that the light of love has always found its way into even the darkest of places... From the beginning of time, to the end of the world.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART IN A TWO-PART SIGN OF LOVE SERIES INSPIRED BY AQUARIUS. THE SECOND PART, FINDING EDEN, WILL RELEASE SIMULTANEOUSLY. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

REVIEW
 
I never claimed im an epic reviewer or have thousands of followers that will be able to read my review. But when I finished reading Becoming Calder, I wish im one epic reviewer and had a thousand reader followers that can read this review and so I can give justice to this latest Mia Sheridan book.
 
The book started with a girl roaming around hungry with no money with her, she was looking for a jewelry store so she can sell the locket she had but in an unfortunate situation she knocked into a vase shattering into pieces and she had no choice but to give the locket as payment for the vase, she left the store with no locket no money. she then walked into a shelter home only to find out its only for men. but the owner of the jewelry store followed her and when he approached her she lost consciousness. (I know right? amazing prologue!!!!)
 
We then meet in the first chapter of the book 10 year old Calder meeting a very young future wife of their leader named Eden. Calder belongs to the "working class" and Eden is royalty for them. but somehow the two of them developed a friendship that will literally change both of their future.
 
that's the only part of the book I will discuss.
 
Forbidden love is the best of all.... only this time Calder and Eden was so right for each other. I don't want to spoil anything about this book because im telling you every word in every chapter of this book is worth it. I mean I honestly admit I have read books that somehow some of the parts/scenes can be deleted but let me tell you this.... in BECOMING CALDER.... every word is important! its like when I started this book (I only took necessary break) I was stuck in the story and I just could get out, couldn't stop!!! its THAT AMAZING!

 
I am a HUGE Mia Sheridan fan, I mean when I read her first book Leo.. I was like im totally loving this author then came Leo's Chance im inlove, then she wrote Stinger im totally amazed with her talent to write .... then came Archer's Voice, totally ruined me ....... and now BECOMING CALDER, it was like she woke up and oh I wana write about this sign Aquarius that came into my mind. it was that easy for her and wow how can you describe a more epic book to the previous epic one she wrote? I mean she keeps writing these stories and its not just good nor better it totally brings readers to another level, meaning how can you read another book after this? you will have like tremendous expectation to match up the emotion you have. because i'm like that, when I read a book that totally messed up my emotion I need a book that can sustain that... so Im waiting to read Finding Eden... because I don't think someone can read Becoming Calder, finish it and not asked to have Finding Eden the second you read the last line of Becoming Calder.
 
 
i don't know if my review made sense ..... BUT PLEASE WHOEVER READ THIS... MIA SHERIDAN deserve your undivided attention to read her book/s. i mean you will not regret reading her works! its always had something fresh to offer, athough i have to say i really like how she made her male lead with great teeth, Calder for a guy who loves butterscotch candies, come on babe tell us ur secret on how you keep those great teeth!!! i love a guy with great teeth and clean nails.... (don't judge me...LOL)
 
so can i give 10 stars? yeah i totally can... i can give 100 stars and nobody will ever question me why!

 
***ARC provided by Mia Sheridan in exchange for HONEST review***

No comments:

Post a Comment